Whether you are developing a new building or refurbishing an existing one, it is in your best interest to achieve the most energy efficient and sustainable building possible to ensure a positive impact on your new and existing tenants.
Achieving tenant satisfaction comes down to services management providing trouble free systems, occupant comfort and low energy costs. However, through our experiences, we have witnessed developers lacking solid in-house understanding of Building Services, which consists of Mechanical, Electrical, Communications, Security, Fire, Hydraulic and ESD.
CSI specialises in Building Services, with in-depth knowledge and experience in monitoring Builders and their Sub-contractors to overcome services issues and specific client changes. CSI will also monitor and review against the builder’s design intent to ensure contractual compliance.
CSI will act on behalf of developers, as an ICA with a primary goal to independently identify building system deficiencies as early in the project as possible and monitor their status until they are corrected upon completion providing the most efficient building systems and monitoring their ongoing performance.
Sustainable Buildings (Green Star)
With Green Star setting a new standard for all commercial and retail buildings, building developers are encouraged to achieve the most sustainable building practices.
By appointing an Independent Commissioning Agent (ICA) by the owner, building developers, project managers and tenants can be sure that the building has been commissioned correctly to the safest standards and running at the best overall performance. It is also essential to achieve a reliable and successful Green Star Rating under the Green Star Office MAN-4 credit.
CSI will act on behalf of the developers, as an ICA with a primary goal is to independently identify building system deficiencies as early in the project as possible and monitor their status until they are corrected upon completion.
A successful and experienced ICA can:
- Oversees the whole project from design through to construction and post completion building tuning.
- Provide unbiased review and recommendations to the design team, consultants and contractors to ensure that the building is commissioned effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure achieving the target building’s NABERS energy rating requirements.
- Provides a successful transfer of building information at commissioning for future Building operators, Maintainers, Occupants and Modifiers.
- Oversee training, operations and maintenance of systems and staff.
- Prepare final commissioning report including recommendations on building performance.